Friday, January 5, 2007

Ready Set Go! Tiger Mt. Fat Ass 50K

I'm in the middle of procrastinating as I prepare my gear for the Tiger Mt. Fat Ass 50K. We are having a nice rain and windstorm here this evening. Wonder if it's going to translate into snow up on the Mountain tomorrow. Rob, Steve, and I are heading up tomorrow morning to see what mother nature has laid out for us. The course involves two 15.5 mile loops with about 3600 feet of climbing on each loop. If conditions are too nasty we will consider bailing after one lap but my intentions are to make both loops so don't yell at me yet Olga! Temperatures are forecast to be in the low 30's on a course that will probably take 3 to 3.5 hours to make one loop. Oh Boy!

I'll write a race report tomorrow to describe our experiences up on the Mountain. Hopefully we won't run into any hungry cougars!

Cheers!

3 comments:

robtherunner said...

There's no bailing out. You'll have to wait for me or come back and pick me up, or I suppose I could just run home. Snow is tranquil and comforting and numbing so we won't be able to feel our legs anyways.

olga said...

I am already yelling and waiting for the report:)

Anonymous said...

~....................................................