I will be the official Race Director for the upcoming 1st Annual Y-Run Club Slug Races to be held sometime within the next month. I got my inspiration from Donald's Blog about slow snails. Here's what I'm thinking:
1) Contestants will bring a Banana Slug to the race.
2) Race distance will be 5 inches.
3) Each person with a slug will be handed a large piece of black paper and a paper ruler.
4) At the start the slug handlers will place their slug on the center of the paper.
5) First slug to leave a 5 inch slime trail is the winner!
No Banana Slugs will be harmed during these races.
No Slug Bait, Salt, Beer, or other performance enhancing products can be used.
Feel free to add any advice that will make this race the best slug race in the Pacific Northwest!
I'm back! I'm back!
16 hours ago