Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baker Lake 50K Trail Run 2008

I ran the Baker Lake 50K Trail Run with Michelle as a celebration of our 29th wedding anniversary. We had a great time running the course and enjoying the company of the many ultra runners who participated in this run.

The course has a number of old growth cedars and firs. This is a must-do ultra!

Enjoy the photos and slide show.

tc & Shawn (RD) giving pre-race instructions

Jon with Mad Monkey checking in runners

Just go this way! Shawn, tc, Arthur

Mad Monkey abducted by kids
Click to play Baker Lake 50K 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

12 comments:

Backofpack said...

You got some awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing a run with me.

Adelyn said...

Congratulations on the anniversary!

What a beautiful way to celebrate :)

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the photo tour of the race and the celebration. I wish I could have been there, but I had my own woman to take care of.

Laura H said...

Great slide show! I have a photo of James with the hammer down and his eyes look the same way - kinda evil. I thought it was just my camera!

Happy 29th!

wendy said...

happy anniversary, eric!

Jon said...

Wow, I must have been so busy that I didn't even notice the monkey on the table!

Great seeing you and Michelle! My apologies for any aches from the obligatory finish line threshold crossing, but you know I wouldn't have counted your times if you didn't do it! Muhahahahahaha!!!! :-D (And besides, that has got to be the best pic ever for that day!)

And another happy anniversary!

Gotta Run..... said...

You two are just the sweetest!!!

Question: Did you ever stop :)

Another race in 10 days? You are a pure running machine!!

Sarah Elaine said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

And yes, that would be the appropriate title when I'm done, but it's not nearly so cool a nickname as Trail Scat or Rattler. Can't you think of a cooler nickname for me? :-)

Jack said...

Truly awesome pictures and happy anniversary to you both.

You know you have made it hard for all the men now...I mean running 50K and then carrying your wife over the finish line...you have set a pretty high standard for the rest of us ;-)

Meghan said...

Happy Anniversary Eric and Michelle!

Yeah for 29 years of happiness and I wish you so very many more.

Meghan

Olga said...

Sweet:)

Doris said...

That is some way to celebrate! WOW!

Congratulations!