Friday, December 26, 2008

Goal: Quadzilla! Four in Four Days


The stars have aligned and it is now possible for me to run an "unofficial" Quadzilla next week! The attempt will feature two marathons and two 50K's in the short span of four days.

First in the series will be Mary's Last Chance Marathon on Dec. 31. This out and back course is located in Bellingham WA and has become a family tradition for Michelle and I. The next day we will run a new marathon in Bothell WA called the First Call. The third run will be a "late start" effort to run the cancelled Dumb Ass 50K. This should be fun considering it involves about 12,500 feet of climbing and the Mt. has been covered in snow. I'm hoping that I'll have warmed up enough after the Dumb Ass run to participate in the Western WA Tiger Mt. Fat Ass 50K the following day. Did I mention that I'm going to a party after the Dumb Ass run? I'll probably need to limit my intake of Pipeline Porter.

I hope to see many of you at these races. The Dumb Ass is a self supported fun run and open to all. We plan on starting around 6:00 AM. By around I mean exactly at 6:00 AM. I'm guessing you will be able to catch up to me without too much effort if you arrive later. Rob "Rattler" Hester, and Jess Mullen are planning to run Dumb Ass on Friday.

21 comments:

Sarah Elaine said...

Wow! What a great way to end a year, and start a new one!

King Arthur said...

Are you running DA 50k by yourself?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like crazy fun, Eric. I look forward to hearing about your exploits.

Jenny, Maniac #401 said...

Okay, too crazy with the Dumb @ss and the WWFA back to back. You'll need a wheel chair the rest of the week! Is Rob planning this craziness too? Well at least I'll be able to keep up with you during the WWFA.
Jenny

Journey to a Centum said...

Jenny - Do you think I come up with this stuff on my own? Yeah Rattler is running as well.

Joe said...

What a hoot, Eric!! Good luck!

And no accident that your blog site is playing "Happy Trails to You" as I type this!!!!!

Thomas said...

Yeah, running a 50k with 12,500 feet of climbing up a mountain that has been covered in snow after already running 2 marathons the previous day sounds just like your idea of fun. Take it a easy on the hangover 50k, though!

Stuart said...

Madness...I love it!

Ryan said...

have a great quad-run and a happy new near

Anonymous said...

And I thought 3 in 3 days was crazy. You take crazy to a whole new level on a regular basis. Congrats! Not too many people can do that. ;)

Darrell said...

How else would you start the new year?

Glad you were able to work some magic on the new carpet after the dogged pulled her little chocolate surprise.

Cat. said...

....yes, a whole new level of crazy has been reached! :-)

Gotta Run..... said...

Love the theme songs! LOL!!

Those will be some serious miles to cover but i have no doubt that you will do it in style.

I would love to know what fuel you consume over those races to keep the motors running.

Love that two of the events have "ass" in the name. Fitting and funny!!!!

Doris said...

Well the picture on your blog today is nice - not sure the prospect of all those runs in 4 days is so good or just insane ;o)

Good luck with it....

Oh and .... yes... "stud muffin" indeed... he put his ears back at that suggestion ;o)

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure this is indeed crazy, but then again, what I thought was crazy a couple years go now seems pretty normal.

Journey to a Centum said...

Rob - based on what I've heard Glenn T. couldn't make the entire loop for the WWFA. My guess is that we will run into the same issue on Saturday. The DA loop may be the ticket but I'd like to try the FA loop first.

Sarah Elaine said...

Just stopping by to say Happy New Year, Eric. For 2009, remember the motto... "Go like hell!"

Mallory Elise said...

god damn! how!? my knee would fall off :( thanks for the comment though--seattle was, was, ahhh lets say after it ALL i wanted to do was run another. i had a knee injury last December, so i seem more slow than most other people, it still hurts, but we're working on it...but im going to do a full marathon, may 31st! i am determined!

good luck with your GAWWWWW FOUR!!

Michael said...

What's the scoop?

lizzie lee said...

I am desperate to know if you did (I bet you did)..... and probably you had a PR in the Western WA Tiger Mountain Fat Ass 50K!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Journey to a Centum said...

I'm working on a new post! Should have it out tomorrow!