Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pigtails 50K 2010



Training is going well with this weekends run of the Pigtails 50K in 4:47. I was surprised to find that this is my second fastest 50K. Steve Stoyles and I ran strong on the hilly but runnable course. After three 9.6 mile loops of Lake Youngs we felt strong on the 2.2 mile out and back. Not bad for a couple of guys with a combined 106 years of life experience.

Ran a 5:31 50K at the Capitol Peak Mega Fat Ass last weekend and a 6:37 50K at the Western Washington Fat as on Tiger Mt. on Jan 2. Special thanks to Michelle my lovely wife for allowing me to run that race on her birthday.

I trashed my camera in the rain running a marathon in mid-December so I'm lacking photos to post. Lot's of options out there. Would love to pick up a Cannon S90 but trying to weigh the odds of getting the more expensive Cannon or go with a less expensive Nikon. I seem to kill a camera about every 2-3 years.

The economy may be picking up but I'm still facing a huge challenge finding new work for the company I work for. It's been a struggle to land just a couple of jobs. Things picked up last week so hopefully demand for injection molding tooling will pick up as companies launch new products. Otherwise I'll have plenty of time on my hands to train for WS100. It's a struggle for many so I'll keep the attitude that good things come to people who try.

Cheers!

4 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Congrats Eric on smoking that 50k, keep up the good work...

and hope more work comes your way with the company. We don't want u breaking any WS records - lol hmm maybe we do :-) nahhh let those young kids do it!

Darrell said...

That's a mighty fine 50K time there.

My wife works for a plastic molding outfit. It has been a rough couple of years. Hopefully we are back on the upswing of this thing.

Keep trying and train on...

Joe said...

Awesome 50K time, Eric...must be wonderful to have a runnable course like that.

Wonder if you should contact Toyota to see if they need any help molding gas pedals?? Seriously...

Nice to see your blog post. Keep workin' hard, man.

Olga said...

And I just complained you don't post anymore:)